Product Safety News
Morris Costumes takes product safety seriously. To that end, we regularly test our product before it arrives at our warehouses to validate that it meets or exceeds applicable safety and regulatory requirements, including the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 ("CPSIA") and its regulations.
These are some of the steps we take:
- We actively engage our suppliers on product safety matters by:
- Instructing our suppliers that all product shipped to us is required to meet or exceed all applicable standards
- Providing information and training related to safety requirements
- Conducting factory inspections.
- Regularly reviewing suppliers' compliance.
- Our product testing is performed by one of the world's largest independent consumer product testing laboratories.
- Products are tested according to standards established by the CPSC, American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), and other state and federal agencies, as applicable.
- A proper Children's Product Certificate or General Certificate of Conformity accompanies the shipment of products we purchase.
In addition to the CPSIA, there are numerous other federal product safety laws and regulations which Morris Costumes observes. Occasionally, individual states adopt regulations that are different from applicable federal requirements. In order to accommodate such unique situations, Morris Costumes may adjust its product offerings or make products unavailable to customers who reside in such states.
Morris Costumes strives to lead the industry on product safety. We are confident that our products are safe. If you have comments or questions, please send us an e-mail at [email protected].